Monday, April 29, 2013

Scooter Picked The First Name And I The Other Four

The Bolivian Hat drawing of April 2013 is now history.

Okay, that's excessively dramatic, but I did want you to know the names have been drawn and the emails sent out.

I was pleased (and startled) to receive 85 emails. Thank you to everyone who contacted me. And know if I get any more ARCs of The Shade Of The Moon, I've saved all the names (they'll leave the hat in a moment and go into a sandwich bag for safekeeping) and will plop them back in the hat to see who comes out next.

Scooter will want to know too!




 
 


7 comments:

Emily said...

I obsessively checked my email this morning hoping to get an email. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to let my excitement increase over the next few months as I wait anxiously:) Congrats to the winners!

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hi Emily-

I had figured more than 5 people would want an ARC, but 85 was a lot more than I'd expected.

Your email address is safely tucked away, just in case more ARCs show up. Which I hope will happen!

Ruit Farm North said...

For all of us who are disappointed, maybe the Nook or Kindle version will be made available a little before the print copy? Maybe??

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Hello Nina Ruit-

I have no idea how that works. But my experience is actual books show up before the official publication date (which kind of makes a mockery of the official publication date).

So August 13 might turn out to be August 3 or 5 or something like that!

Susan said...

Are your sure your Bolivian hat doesn't have a hole in it?? My email is mysteriously empty. Hmm ...

Congrats to the winners!

Oh, and if your publisher's publicity department is looking for book bloggers to help promote the book, I'm totally your girl ... Just sayin' :)

Unknown said...

/crosses fingers

Susan Beth Pfeffer said...

Good evening Susan and Kathy Mai-

I don't know how my publisher decides who gets ARCs to review.

There's so much in this world I don't know!