Sunday, September 7, 2008

Personally, I Always Call You DarlingReader

As I've mentioned before, one of the things I enjoy most about my post- Life As We Knew It/the dead and the gone career is learning about things. For example, until I began this blog, I had no idea how many people were named Anonymous.

Sometime, early in LAWKI's existence, Harcourt told me about a place called DearReader. It is a very clever idea, in case any of you are unfamiliar with it. On Mondays through Fridays, they e-mail you the first few pages of a book. They offer many different types of books, so you get to decide for yourself if you want a novel or a business book or a YA or a sci fi or mystery, etc. Then they select the book for the week, and you get a taste of a new book.

On the assumption that you might be interested, or just as likely, that I failed to adequately describe what DearReader is like, here's the link: http://www.dearreader.com/

Starting tomorrow, their YA of the week is the dead and the gone. I was delighted when they chose Life As We Knew It, but in reality LAWKI gets off to a slow start. My decision, and je ne regrette rien, but it made the first few pages a day seem a little weird. I think by Friday that pesky meteor was about to hit the moon.

The Dead and the Gone starts a bit faster, but I'm curious to see how far along it'll be by Friday. I hope Alex will be out of Joey's Pizza by then.

And because I'm such a friendly, social person, I left the first comment on their d&g thread. I wonder how many people named Anonymous will read it!

No comments: